Petrossian Smoked Scallops and Bacon Risotto
1 8oz package of Petrossian Smoked Scallops
4-6 slices of bacon
1 Cup Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1/3 Cup of onion small dice
4-6 Cups of low sodium or homemade Chicken Stock
¼ Cup of dry white wine such as White Burgundy, Chablis such as Caves de Chablis Les Preuses White 2005 Chablis Grand Cru.
2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage
1 Tablespoon of shaved Whole Preserved Black Winter Truffles (we recommend the 12.5g size).
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/3 cup) optional
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet till crisp on both sides, remove from the pan to dry on paper towel to cool. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Drain the bacon fat from the pan except 1 tablespoon.
2. On low heat place the scallops in the pan and allow to heat through approximately 1 min on each side. Petrossian Smoked Scallops are fully cooked and should only be warmed in the pan. Be careful not to overcook. Remove from pan and set on paper towel to absorb the bacon fat.
3. Heat the chicken stock and keep warm on the stove in a sauce pan.
4. In a large sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onions and lower the heat. Sweat the onions till translucent, do not brown.
5. Add the rice and stir coating the rice with the oil.
6. Add the wine to the onions and rice let it absorb about 1 minute and stir.
7. Slowly ladle the chicken stock into the rice 3-4 oz at a time. Allow the liquid to absorb before ladling in more stock. Stir the rice after each time you add liquid. Keep adding liquid till the rice is done. Add the bacon and stir into the rice.
8. Spoon rice onto plate and top with scallops…sprinkle with sage and a few shavings of truffles serve immediately.
Serves 2 as a Main Course, 4 as an Appetizer
Prep 15 minutes
Cooking time 45-50 minutes
Speak to a caviar concierge
1 800 828 9241
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST
Open later during the holidays
Click to chat live with a
Personalize your order with
gift card & choose delivery date
15 years of experience